We believe it’s important that we all think more about a future where we wear smart glasses daily. Because by looking ahead, we can influence what the future will look like.
In our research, we develop stimulating prototypes together with students and interns from, among others, Leiden University. This is also called speculative design. For the Week of Media Literacy, we developed the game ‘ARe you ready?’ in which more than 17.000 young people thought about our future with this technology. (link to game & link to research report)
On Tuesday, February 15 at 15:30, we are organizing a free online event about ‘Our Future with Augmented Reality’. We present a program full of speculative design from various creators. And together with all visitors, we will think about how we can make a positive impact!
On the program:
- Panel with students from the Honours Class ‘Getting smarter with VR & AR’ about their prototypes and ideas
- Provocative AR projects by artist Sander Veenhof
- Daan Hobbel, Sanna Bashir, and Nadine Roos about the game + research ARe you Ready?
- Gabriele Romagnoli explains how designers shape the future of AR with ShapesXR
- Robin de Lange: education as an ideal place for speculative design. How can you get started yourself?
- Discussion: how can we have a positive impact on the future of Augmented Reality?
- Creative entertainment during the entrance, break, and at the end of the meeting
This event is made possible by the VR Learning Lab, PLNT Leiden & the Honours Academy of Leiden University.
You can watch it here: