There is little that gives Robin as much satisfaction as teaching his students at Leiden University. Students experience new technologies, delve into academic literature, think about the future, learn new digital skills, and translate their ideas into thought-provoking prototypes.
On this page, you can read about Robin’s courses and guest lectures, and reach out if you have an interesting challenge!
Robin leads his own Honours Class at Leiden University. The first version of this elective course (2015) was part of the start of his Ph.D. research and co-funded by the Leiden University Fund. For the past years, this research course was part of the Honours Academy at Leiden University.
The content of the course evolves every year, as reflected in the changing title. Virtual Reality for Science & Education → Learning through Virtual Reality → Augmented Reality & Human-Computer Collaboration → Getting Smarter with VR & AR
Other courses & guest lectures
Here are a few other courses and guest lectures taught by Robin:
- Human-Computer Interaction, a course for the Bachelor program Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence at Tilburg University. Taught and developed from scratch.
- Yearly short elective course for students International Business & Innovation Studies at InHolland.
- Virtual Reality creation classes for the Embodied Vision course at the Media Technology MSc. program.
- Yearly guest lecture at MSc. program Digital Media and Human Development.
- Guest lectures at Educational Sciences, Applied Cognitive Psychology, Communication & Multimedia Design.
Open for more courses & lectures
The most important aspects of the courses Robin teaches:
- Firmly based in a broad spectrum of research: cognitive science, philosophy and computer science
- Involving schools, companies and other organizations to contribute to actual change
- Creating thought-provoking prototypes as a crucial part of the learning process
- Specialties in VR & AR with sidesteps to AI, UX design and IoT
Do you work at an institution for higher education? And are you interested in the courses Robin offers? Or do you have another challenge? Feel free to send an email!